Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pollo Polo Pasta Salad

The sunshine made me feel a little creative,so I came up with this salad. With the arrival of warmer weather and grilling in the near future, I thought that pasta salad would be a good choice. The pasta salad dressing is from a recipe I love called Marco Polo Pasta Salad, combined with Italian marinated chicken (my twist), hence the name Pollo Polo. I hope that you enjoy it!

Ingredients:
1/2 lb pasta (I provided Radiatore)
1/4 lb Swiss cheese (or Jarlsberg)
1/8-1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 multi-colored peppers, sliced julienne
3/4 lb chicken breasts, marinated over night in Italian dressing (cooked in slow cooker on low for several hours)
1/2 T garlic powder
1/2 T garlic salt
1/2 T basil
1/2 T oregano
1/4 tsp course ground black pepper
1/4 tsp parsley

On Serving Day:
Boil the pasta until al dente. Rinse under cool water and allow to cool completely.
Mix contents of seasoning packet with 3/8 cup (or a little less than 1/2 cup) olive oil and 1/8 cup vinegar.
Combine cooled pasta with peppers & cheese (You could also add black olives, cherry tomatoes, or any other pasta salad favorites at this point) then mix well with sauce. Add chicken and toss gently. Serve chilled.

1 comment:

  1. Made pizza for the kids. Made this for Ron and I - (later dinner by ourselves!) Mmmm. It's yummy!

    ReplyDelete