Monday, March 22, 2010

Italian Beef Hoagies

I found this recipe here: www.freezerfriendz.blogspot.com
Look under beef, no pasta.

-1 and 1/2 pounds ground beef
-1 medium onion, chopped
-1 garlic clove, pressed

Cook ground beef, onion and garlic together in a large skillet. Add the following ingredients and mix well:

-1/4 cup water
-2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
-1 packet (1 oz.) onion soup mix
-1 tbsp. Italian seasoning mix

After freezing: Thaw completely. (You can defrost the bag in the microwave.) Pour into 10 inch skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Spoon mixture into hoagie rolls or buns. Top with a slice of Provolone or Mozarella cheese.

**I thought this turned out very strong! If I tried it again, I think I would use 1 onion soup mix per TWO recipes. Also, the original recipe calls for red and green peppers to be added with the seasoning. I left them out, because my kids are not big pepper fans.

1 comment:

  1. We enjoyed this! I would probably decrease the onion a little next time like you suggested, but Jon says, "tastes just like Penn Station!" Thanks!

    ReplyDelete