Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Company's Coming Beef by Alison

Here is the recipe that I used for the beef. I multiplied it by four then divided to make 8 family portions. I used my roaster oven and cooked it at 250 degrees for 8 hours.
3 lbs lean roast, cut into cubes (I used bottom round)
1 package onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used Campbell's Healthy Request)
1/2 C. beef broth (I used lower sodium)
1 can sliced mushrooms (optional)
Cut up meat and place in crockpot. Pour in the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Cook for 8-10 hours on low. Serve over noodles. (I broke up the meat at the end.)

On Serving Day: Thaw and reheat the beef, cook noodles according package instructions and serve the beef over the noodles.

1 comment:

  1. Good comfort food. The boys all had seconds. None left for me when I got home! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete